Extended Warranty Terms & Conditions
protection Plus Extended Warranty-A service contract liability scheme designed by Prodigy Associates LLP back up by TATA AIG General Insurance CO Ltd , to cover electronic/electrical product in good working condition. This Service Plan is to the Purchaser, through its authorized service engineer/ a retailer/dealer. Coverage provided by this Service Plan as described in these Terms and Conditions will begin on the start date of the validity period (subject to realization of Service Plan Charges, as seen in the Company’s Tariff Card, released from time-to-time), and automatically terminate at the end of such validity period as stated in confirmation of Extended warranty registration issued by the Company.
Domestic Electrical/Electronic Products – Includes Products such as Color Televisions, Washing Machines, Music Systems, Refrigerators, Air Conditioners, Microwave Ovens, Mobile phones, Computer, Camera, Scanner, Printer or any other Products that may be included from time to time.
Product / Products – The Products should be for domestic & personal use only and not be used for commercial, rental or profit generation purposes excluding computing products for small office / home office use.
Normal Operating Condition – Ability of the Product to perform its specified function subject to the acceptable level of change in performance due to ageing or climatic conditions. The acceptable level of change for this purpose will be as per the respective manufacturer’s specifications.
Normal Use -Use of the Product in accordance with the manufacturers guidelines for Product usage including but not limited to regular maintenance & upkeep of the Product, usage of specified protection devices such as voltage stabilizer.
Breakdown – means the mechanical and/or electrical defects and/or failure of a Product that cause it to not function in its intended manner
Covered Breakdown –
Breakdown covered by the Manufacturer’s Warranty / Guarantee during the Manufacturer’s Warranty / Guarantee period. The Covered Breakdown will vary for each Product in accordance with the Manufacturer’s Warranty / Guarantee for the said Product.
Carry – in basis – The Product has to be carried / transported to the designated repair Centre by You at Your cost.
In home basis-The repair technician will visit the premises where the Product has been installed to provide the repair service.
Call out charges -Charge payable to arrange for the repair technician to visit the premises where the Product has been installed.
Manufacturer’s Warranty / Guarantee -The original warranty / guarantee given by the respective Manufacturer in respect of a Product.
Manufacturer’s Warranty / Guarantee Period -The uninterrupted period of the Manufacturer’s Warranty / Guarantee cover as stated on the original official Manufacturer’s Warranty / Guarantee certificate or publication.
We, Us, Our, Company- Protection Plus Extended Warranty – designed by Prodigy Associates LLP.
You, Your – The Service Contract holder.
This Service Contract is a contract between You, the Service Contract holder and Us, Independent Primary & Extended Warranty Provider (hereinafter called the “PROTECTION PLUS”). This service contract documents, the information provided by You and the Service Contract Certificate form the contract between You and Us.
In consideration of the service contract fee paid by You, We will provide the cost of repair for the Covered Breakdown of Your Domestic Electrical / Electronic Product as mentioned in the certificate, during the period of Service Contract, subject to the terms, conditions, exceptions and limitations contained herein or endorsed hereupon in future.
Service Contract Benefits:
Mechanical and electrical breakdown to the extent provided by the manufacturer’s warranty for Domestic Electrical /Electronic Products manufactured in India or is legally imported in India & sold through Official Channels supported by an invoice & Manufacturer’s Warranty / Guarantee. The Extended Warranty cover commences on expiration of the Manufacturer’s Warranty / Guarantee period and is for a period mentioned in the “Service Contract Details” section of the Service Contract Certificate. Any Product failure arising before the commencement of the Service Contract period i.e. during the Manufacturer’s Warranty / Guarantee period or after the expiration of the Service Contract period will not be covered by this service contract
This Service Contract covers specific models of Domestic Electrical / Electronic Products such as LED/OLED Televisions, Washing Machines, Refrigerators, Music Systems, Air Conditioners, Microwave Ovens, computer, printer, scanner, Mobile Phones, camera and any other Product that we include from time to time. For the complete and updated list of Products & models covered please call Us at the phone numbers mentioned on the Service Contract Certificate or write to us at email@example.com
What We Cover:
Company will organize for repair to Normal Operating Condition, or replace at our discretion a covered electrical / electronic Product, after it has suffered a Covered Breakdown during Normal Use. This Service Contract covers the cost of Parts and Labour for all Products on a carry-in basis and Call out charges for in-home service (where applicable) on certain non-portable Products. You will be advised which coverage is provided when You report the failure / claim. Original supplied remote controls, if covered and shown in the certificate, are covered as above on a Carry – in basis only.
If a repair will cost more than the purchase price of a replacement, we have the right to replace the product with a new equivalent model with similar specification, not to exceed the original purchase price you paid for the product. Should a replacement model not be available, You will be given a monetary refund not exceeding the original purchase price of the insured Product. This decision is at our sole discretion. In the event of Product replacement or monetary refund this coverage under the Service Contract Certificate will prematurely terminate with no refund of fee & the Product becomes our property.
Food damage loss that results from a mechanical, electronic or electrical component failure of a refrigerator or freezer upto Rs 1,500 also covered
We are not responsible for any consequential or incidental damages arising from the use or loss of use of the Product. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
This contract is valid only in India on Products which are purchased and repaired within India.
Conditions of Cover :
This Service Contract may only be purchased within 90 days of delivery of a covered Product and is only valid if:
- 1) The Product is manufactured in India or is legally imported in India & sold through Official Channels supported by an invoice & Manufacturer’s Warranty / Guarantee.
- 2) The Product is purchased new from the manufacturers’ authorized dealer / distributor and is supported by Manufacturer’s Warranty / Guarantee of not less than 12 months and not exceeding 36 months.
- 3) The Product is for domestic and personal use only. Cover is not valid on Products intended for commercial, rental or profit generation purposes excluding computing products for small office / home office use.
- 4) The Product is used in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines for Product usage including but not limited to regular maintenance & upkeep of the Product.
- 5) Manufacturer’s Warranty / Guarantee remains valid throughout its validity period
What is Not Covered:
- I. Costs implicitly or explicitly covered by any manufacturers, suppliers or repairers guarantee or warranty.
- 2.Non-operating and cosmetic damage to the Product, such as damage to paintwork, Product finish, dents or scratches, rust, Rubber components, Plastic parts, Glass tray
- 3. Additional accessories used with the specific product in or with the Product unless covered under a separate extended warranty service contract. (for example, computer
software, modem, scanner, printer and charger).
- 4. Replacement of any consumable item or accessory. These include, but are not limited to:- plugs, fuses, batteries, light bulbs, light covers, cables, filters, attachments, belts, toner, ribbons, drums, tapes or software, and add-on options incorporated in a Product for which the
Service Contract was purchased.
- 5. Normal wear and tear of items not integral to the functioning of the Product
- 6. Routine maintenance, cleaning, lubrication, adjustments or alignments, overhaul, modification and de-scaling.
- 7. Damage caused by unauthorized repair, theft, burglary and accident including earthquake, storm, abuse, misuse, sand, dust, water, negligence, fire, flood, liquid damage, physical damage lightning, malicious damage, impact, corrosion, battery leakage, acts of god, animal or insect infestation or intrusion.
- 8. Damage resulting from power outage, power surges or dips, fluctuating voltage, inadequate or improper voltage or current.
- 9. Cost of removal or re-installation of the Product
- 10. Reception or transmission problems resulting from external causes.
- 11. Problems or defects not covered under the original Manufacturer’s Warranty/ Guarantee.
- 12. Batteries, internal or external to the Product.
breakdowns caused by computer virus or realignments to Products.
- 13. Recalls or modifications to the Product.
- 14. Failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- 15. Costs arising from incorrect installation, modification or maintenance.
- 16. Costs if no fault is found with the Product.
- 17. Costs arising from being unable to use the Product or from damage which results from the Breakdown of the Product.
- 18. No coverage of appliances used in commercial applications as well as community use, will be determined at the sole discretion of the Company.
- 19. Damage/failure caused before or during Product delivery.
- 20. Use of batteries, charger and / or accessories not approved by the manufacturer, incorrect electrical leads or connection.
- 21. The cost of repairing, restoring or reconfiguring computer software.
- 22. We are not responsible for any consequential or incidental damages arising from the use or loss of use of the Product. Your & the Customers statutory rights are unaffected.
If Your covered Product does not work:
- a. Check the Product user manual / handbook to make sure the controls are properly set and check the fuse in the plug;
- b. Check You are covered under the terms and conditions of the contract;
- c. We will need to see this document to proceed with the repair.
- d. Claim will not be entertained in the absence of the ORIGINAL Service Contract Certificate and original Purchase invoice
How to Claim:
Help Desk Number- 1800 209 6600 or inform us immediately in any case by way of written intimation against any receipt from us or by registered post not later than seven days from the occurrence of the loss or the event giving raise to the claim
Important Conditions related to Claims:
a. All repairs must be made by our authorized repair agents. Protection Plus Extended Warranty service will not reimburse the purchaser for repair work performed by a third party, who is not authorized by us
b. This contract will be cancelled in the event of Your fraud, attempted fraud, or non-disclosure of any changes that affect this contract and no refund of Service Contract fee will be due to You.
c. You must comply with the claims procedure set out in the “How to Claim” section above. We will not organize any repairs or make any payment, under this Service Contract if You fail to comply.
d. If at the time of any failure / damage to the covered Product, the Product is covered in part or full by any insurance either by the proposer or any other person, this Company shall not be liable to pay or contribute more than its ratable proportion of such loss, failure or damage.
e. Defective parts that have been replaced in the covered appliance are the property of the Company. They must be handed over to the Protection Plus Authorized Service Personnel.
You may cancel this contract within 15 days of purchase of service contract. After expiry of 15 days, no cancellation and refund will be permitted.
To cancel your service contract, simply return this certificate along with a notice of cancellation to the company from whom You purchased this Service Contract.
We may cancel the contract at any time by giving you 15 day notice in writing on your last known address. You will be eligible for a pro rata refund of the fee you paid
In the event of theft, fraud, sale or return of the Product to Us, we will cancel this Service Contract with no refund.
Limitation of Liability:
Per Repair – Our liability for any one repair shall be limited to the original purchase price paid for the applicable Product or the retail price of the model of a similar specification and like functionality, at the time of said repair, whichever is lower.
Aggregate -The total of all benefits paid or payable during the Service Contract Certificate period towards any particular Product holding a Service Contract Certificate covered under this Service Contract shall be limited to the original purchase price paid for the applicable Product or the retail price of the model of a similar specification and like functionality, whichever is lower.